Yom Hashoah Service
Join members of The City Congregation for a commemoration of Yom Hashoah, Holocaust Remembrance Day, featuring a candle-lighting service and contemplative music. The evening service is followed by the opening session of Rabbi Adam Chalom’s weekend seminar on the state of Humanistic Judaism.
The City Congregation is proud to host a three-day seminar presented by Rabbi Adam Chalom: “Four Questions for Today’s New Secular Jew.” Come learn the who, what, why, and how of Humanistic Judaism. This in-depth program has something to offer anyone interested in what it means to be Jewish in the modern world.
May 7 & 18
Ever wonder what happens at a secular Jewish congregation? What do children learn in our school and our bar and bat mitzvah program? Find out at our Spring Open House. Meet Rabbi Peter Schweitzer, chat with City Congregation members, and learn how Humanistic Judaism helps secular Jews maintain their Jewish identity.
Is City Congregation the right place for you?
- Are you a humanist, freethinker, agnostic, or atheist?
- Believe in a higher power but not traditional prayer?
- Want to raise your kids Jewish but not religious?
- Say what you believe and believe what you say
- We embrace interfaith and multicultural families
- An LGBT-friendly community